I was not panicking about turning 25 until I sat down to write this post and subsequently googled “Things you should know before turning 25”.
Then I ate another taco and poured myself a glass of wine and quickly forgot about all of those things. I’m doing pretty damn good at this #adulting thing and the only one that can tell me differently is my mom. And maybe my boss.
- Probably time to start understanding my 401k
- Should I have stocks by now?
- I wonder what my credit score is…
- It’s okay to sometimes feel 22 and it is also okay to feel like a grandma
- Definitely time to throw away my comforter from college
- Ex’s are ex’s for a reason
- I still have no time for “netflix and chill” or fux boiz
- But its also okay not to have a serious boyfriend or wedding plans
- Being kind is so much easier
- Confidence is key
- Say thank you
- Cheese is
- Call your grandparents (and parents)
- I feel no shame in fan-girling over Justin Beiber and one direction
- Non-fiction (ok, “self-help”) books aren’t scary. Start with “The Year of Yes”.
- And when in doubt, dance it out
- All the hot college football players are now your baby brother’s age
- It’s time to start a wedding fund (for all of your friends cross-country weddings)
- Coupons are cool. Especially when they are for free froyo or makeup samples
- Cut toxic people from your life. Aint nobody got time for that.
- Go get lost
- Be picky about who you spend your time with
- Your parents were always right
- It’s time to get serious about your health. That includes flossing
- enjoy the unknown and unexpected
And five to grow on.
- Rolling out of bed and throwing your hair in a ponytail only cuts it one day a week
- I should probably have a go-to Tinder pick up line…
- Find something that you are passionate about and that is selfishly all yours
- Quarter-life crisis is not a real thing. Unless you need an excuse to justify spending $200 at Sephora
- It’s okay not to know everything. You are doing the best you can and that is all that matters. Adulting is hard. You aren’t expected to know everything once you hit the big 2-5. So eff ’em. And pour yourself another drink